Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Endoftheyearitis

All schools cause it. It is the expectation and desire to be done with school. If we didn't have breaks, I don't think it would be a problem. Motivation would hit lulls throughout they year, but it would never be this bad....

Symptoms:
--- Frequent thoughts of calling in sick *cough, cough* (WARNING: too many thoughts can cause follow through. Drink lots of water and get plenty of rest.)
--- Bloodshot eyes
--- Shortened attention span
--- Longing looks outside
--- Forgetfulness
--- Desire to listen to fun, upbeat music (or country. it swings both ways) much like summer
--- Change in schedule (go to bed later, wake up later)


Unfortunately, me and all my students are experiencing these symptoms. Each morning I wake myself up and look in the mirror. "You can do this Christian. You are changing lives each day. There is nothing better you could be doing at this moment. You're an adult now. You're being responsible. Now Go Kick Some BUTT!" (Refer to How I Met Your Mother Marshall runs a New York Marathon speech)

Side note: I played tic-tac-toe with a student today. It's the most real he's been with me all year. He beat me 13 games to 9 and supposedly he gave me two of those games. It was so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment