Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Heartbreaking

Quote from the commercial appeal...

"In spite of our best efforts to curb aggressive panhandling, Downtown is losing its customers because the foul-mouthed petty street hustlers, most of whom are not homeless, are still scaring off the trade," said CCC president Jeff Sanford.

It made me want to throw up just because of how harsh of language he was using. They are still people, even if they panhandle.

However, here are a few facts I know:

1. There is a problem with panhandling downtown
2. They usually show up during the weekend. You won't see them during the week (which means they aren't the homeless guys)
3. I don't have a solution.

So based on those facts I have mixed feelings. So tell me what you think. I really am interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment