Wednesday, July 14, 2010

School is Near!

I finally got a job! I will be Ida B. Wells Middle school's 8th grade History teacher!

Now it's time to get all the work done...

Wednesday-Friday I am hoping to break the standards down for at least the first two eras of time period. This means from the "beginnings" to settlement in America. It will be interesting to see how long this takes me. I am going to learn a lot along the way. If you have any ideas for supplemental resources in my classroom I am all ears.

While I am breaking down standards I am listening to David Crowder's Illuminate. Last night I decided it was going to be my cd for the year, so this morning when I began working on breaking my standards now, I got very into it. I realized an hour into it that it even felt like an act of worship. It made me stop midway through and praise the Lord for caring so much for us and allowing me to be a part of His story.

School work has never led me to anything but prayers of help me get through this, but this morning I was humbled and completely gracious that the Lord has given me this opportunity. The placement to impact lives is always a blessing, and I pray that I will always be willing to follow. Praise God that He invites us to those places.

No comments:

Post a Comment